Why this plate? Because it is much more than a small plate with lines as most portion plates will turn out to be. The bariatric plate holds a measured portion. There's an instruction booklet with the plate that describes how much of the plate to fill and how deep to fill it. The Portion Perfection Bariatric plate also opens you up to additional support.
The creator of Portion Perfection is a bariatric dietitian with 25 years experience. There's a portion bowl, a pictorial guide book because not everything you eat goes on a plate - think cereal and snacks, and there's a recipe book with realistic pictures of realistic portions for your bariatric needs.
There's additional support available from the team at Portion Perfection via www.Facebook.com/portionperfection so you're never alone.
The Portion Perfection Bariatric Plate, is a practical tool for those with a gastric band, sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass.
The plate shows markings to guide the type of food to make up a main meal and indicates the approximate aperture of the well-adjusted band. The words around the plate relate to all the behaviours required to get the best food tolerance with your surgery.
• Cleaning should take place promptly and on a regular basis to avoid staining.
• Do not use harsh or abrasive cleansers, steel wool, or metal pot scrubbers/scouring pads to clean.
• Use only plastic pads or plastic-type bristle scrubbers to remove dried food.
• Do not use chlorine bleach or chlorine-based products on melamine products.
• For best results, use a high-alkaline base solution for regular dishwashing.